Seattle is an amazing place to live, work and play! Some of the fantastic benefits of living in Seattle include:
- Proximity to nature and outdoor activities
- In Seattle and the immediate surrounding area there are multiple parks, lakes, and urban trails for biking/running/walking
- In the winter, there are ski resorts within 2 hours of Seattle (and urban skiing on the rare occasion when it snows in Seattle)
- Within 2-3 hours travel time you can travel to the Washington coast, an extensive network of state campgrounds, multiple national parks, the San Juan islands, and Washington wine country- all great opportunities for quick weekend off getaways
- Seattle has a flourishing food and drink scene, with every type of food imaginable
- A robust job market for both those in medicine and other fields such as technology or engineering, with many job opportunities for partners
- World class museums and performing art, including (but definitely not limited to):
- Seattle Art Museum, Asian Art Museum, MoPOP, Chihuly Glass Museum, Seattle Theater Group, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Benaroya Hall, and Seattle Symphony
- Multiple national sports teams with local and easily accessible stadiums
- Seattle Seahawks (NFL) Seattle Sounders (MLS), Mariners (MLB), OL Reign (NWSL), Seattle Storm (WNBA) and the Kraken (NHL, coming fall 2021)
- This is just one of the many lists of some of the best things to do while exploring the Seattle area- there are endless opportunities for things to do in your time off!
Below find some pictures of our faculty and how we spend time away from work in and around Seattle. By next year the goal is to have this page filled with our new residents and their explorations!!!